Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Diaper




We used cloth diapers with Lillianna when she was younger, but took a break with all of the craziness of the house re-modeling, moving, lent, etc... We recently got restarted and I remembered why I love it! They just are so much better for her and aren't nearly as tough as one might think. Oh, and the diapers have come such a long way. The new reason I LOVE it is that Lillianna likes them. Oh yeah, this child much prefers them to disposables. If you have a cloth one in your hand or better yet let her chose one, she comes right over, lays down and is excited. If it is a disposable she runs the other direction and I do mean run.

We have been trying a new brand of diaper out there called the grobaby. I love it! I wasn't sure at first because it is a different system than the ones we have been using that have a pocket where you stuff the insert that soaks up the pee. But, the longer we have had them, the more I turn to them first. The great thing is that you just snap in the soaker and you are ready to go, if you need to change the diaper, you just snap out the soaker and put in a new one. We went up north last weekend and ran out of soakers and I was pleased to discover that the inserts from my other diapers also worked just great in them. I even sold some of our old stand- bys today to make room for some more of these. The only draw back about them so far is that they do take longer to dry and stain a little more easily than the diapers we had been using.

Besides all the great eco-friendly things about them, they are too cute! There is just something about a baby in a cloth diaper that is just adorable and no disposable can compare!

For more info on the gro baby:

http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/grobaby%E2%84%A2-ic-11_16.html

No comments: